With the Rio Games in full swing, Metro’s and LA2024’s efforts to bring the Games closer to home continues tonight when John Naber — who won four Gold Medals and one Silver Medal in swimming at the 1976 Montreal Games — will be appearing at the Expo Line’s Culver City Station from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. today. Feel free to swing by and get an autograph or photo taken with John. It’s free with no strings attached!
The full list of Gold Medalist appearances going forward:
- North Hollywood Station, Aug. 11 — Julianne McNamara, Gold Medal in Uneven Parallel Bars at the 1984 Los Angeles Games.
- Atlantic Station, Aug. 12 — Brenda Villa, Gold Medal in Women’s Water Polo at the 2012 London Games.
- Chatsworth Station, Aug. 15 — Rafer Johnson, Gold Medal in Decathlon at the 1960 Rome Games.
- 7th Street/Metro Center, Aug. 16 — Valerie Brisco, three Gold Medals in 200 meters, 400 meters, 4×400 meters relay at the 1984 Los Angeles Games.
- Downtown Long Beach Station, Aug. 17 — Lisa Fernandez, three-time Gold Medal winner in Softball at 1996 Atlanta Games, 2000 Sydney Games and 2004 Athens Games.
- APU/Citrus College Station, Aug. 18 — Bryan Clay, Gold Medal in Decathlon at the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Downtown Santa Monica Station, Aug. 19 — Mark Spitz, nine-time Gold Medalist in Swimming at the 1968 Mexico City Games and 1972 Munich Games.
Here’s an older segment on John Naber from KMIR:
Categories: Go Metro