Fourth of July will soon be upon us! Have you made plans yet on where you’ll be spending Independence Day weekend? If not, here are some events to consider.
But first, a service reminder: Metro will operate on Sunday/holiday schedule on Fourth of July Monday. This means buses that do not run on Sunday will not run Monday. However, there will be enhanced service on Metro Rail to support those heading out to celebration events. Please check Service Advisories page for details and schedules.
- July 4th Block Party at Grand Park: join the block party in DTLA with a rooftop fireworks display! The event is free and open to all ages. Doors open at 2 p.m. Fireworks start approximately 9 p.m. Free bike valet will be available at 1st and Hill. (Red/Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station and exit towards 1st Street. Bus detour info is here.)
- 3-day July 4th celebration at the Hollywood Bowl: legendary rock band Chicago will be headlining the Independence Day celebrations with fireworks each night. Shows start at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Tickets range $5 to $70+. (Red Line to Hollywood/Highland Station or Universal City/Studio City Station and transfer to shuttle. Shuttle is free with TAP card.)
- Dodgers 4th of July Spectacular: what’s more summer than a night of baseball followed by fireworks? Game starts 6:10 p.m. Tickets start $25. (Take the Dodger Stadium Express from Union Station or Harbor Gateway Transit Center.)
- Vision Outside 4th of July jazz and blues festival in Leimert Park: music, children’s activities and plenty of good food. The event is free and open to all. Start time is 1 p.m. through 7 p.m. (Take Metro Bus 105 to Vernon/Leimert or Metro Bus 102 to 43rd/Degnan.)
- 4th of July BBQ at Aquarium of the Pacific: combo tickets include admission to the aquarium plus a BBQ buffet. The aquarium is open 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. BBQ starts 5 p.m. Admission after 5 p.m. starts at $14.95. (Blue Line to Downtown Long Beach Station and transfer to free Passport shuttle, or walk approximately half a mile south via Pine Avenue.)
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum 4th of July community festival and fireworks show: carnival rides, food, music and more. Free and open to all ages. Event starts noon through 10 p.m. Fireworks begin approximately 9 p.m. (Expo Line to Expo/Park USC Station or Expo/Vermont Station.)
- Santa Monica 10th annual 4th of July parade: bands, cyclists and vintage cars. The event is free to attend. Start tims is 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. After that, spend the day on the Pier, at the beach or hop on Culver CityBus or Big Blue Bus to reach Marina Del Rey, where the fireworks will be happening. (Expo Line to Downtown Santa Monica Station.)
- Downtown Arcadia Patriotic Festival (July 2): local food, live music and a chance to win some fun prizes. The event is free and open to all. Start time is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, July 2. (Gold Line to Arcadia Station.)
Categories: Go Metro