Find “More to Explore” on the Expo Line to Santa Monica! Below are some fun places worth checking out for your shopping, eating and entertainment needs, all easily accessible from the seven new stations on the Westside.
10001 National Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90034
- Woodbine Park — a pocket park open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Motor Avenue Farmers Market — every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Motor & National, a short walk from the station.
- C&M Cafe — popular neighborhood coffee shop and breakfast/lunch spot at Motor & National.
- The Irish Times — as far as we know, the closest Irish restaurant to the Expo Line. On Motor, slightly north of National.
Westwood/Rancho Park Station
2594 Westwood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Westside Pavilion Shopping Mall — your standard mall fare, but they also have Red Caboose, where we can ride motorized animals (where I can ride motorized animals). ?
- The Landmark Theatre — shows blockbusters, foreign flicks and indie films.
- Pico Playhouse — small community theatre where you can enjoy shows up close.
- Apple Pan — about as old school as you can get when it comes to an L.A. burger.
2510 S. Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Rita’s Italian Ice Cream — delicious, delicious desserts.
- Little Osaka/Sawtelle Japantown — so much good ramen, you guys. Plus some really cute shops.
- The Getty Museum — transfer to the Metro Rapid 734 (or Metro Express 534 at Downtown Santa Monica Station) to explore art.
- Adventure 16 — the venerable outdoor equipment store. If you want to compare prices, take Expo to the REI in downtown Santa Monica 🙂
2101 Bundy Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90064
26th St/Bergamot Station
2425 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Bergamot Café — sandwiches, salads, coffee and fun daily specials.
- Hole in the Wall Burger — if it doesn’t have a name, it must be good?
- Bergamot Station Arts Center & Hiromi Paper — Bergamot Station Arts Center used to be a railroad station from 1875 to 1953, serving the Los Angeles and Independence Railroad and later the Santa Monica Air Line. Now the depot is home to art galleries and is located right next to the new Expo Line station.
17th St/Santa Monica College Station
1701 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- DK’s Donuts and Bakery — delicious, delicious donuts.
- Memorial Park — home of The Cove skatepark.
- Santa Monica City College — get there via Big Blue Bus shuttle.
Downtown Santa Monica Station
401 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Santa Monica Place/3rd Street Promenade — upscale shopping and dining right next to the ocean.
- Tongva Park + Ken Genser Square — an awesome six-acre urban oasis that opened in 2013 — perhaps the nicest urban park in Los Angeles County.
- Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park — the iconic ferris wheel, games, shopping and the Pacific Ocean.
- Marvin Braude Bike Trail — the 20-mile walk/bike/skate path runs along the beach from Pacific Palisades to Torrance. It’s a wee bit popular and provides access to Will Rogers State Beach and the human zoo that is Venice Beach and the Venice Boardwalk.
Let us know in the comments: where will you go on the new line?
Categories: Go Metro