CicLAvia takes over Southeast Los Angeles! The communities of Huntington Park, Walnut Park, South Gate, Florence-Firestone, Lynwood, and Watts will host a 10-mile open streets event this Sunday, May 15, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
- Firestone Station
- 103rd St/Watts Towers
- Willowbrook/Rosa Parks (also connects with Green Line)
If you don’t mind a longer ride to the event, the folks at CicLAvia also have some other routes between the Green and Expo Lines and the street closures.
And here are a few tips for taking Metro Rail to CicLAvia:
- Avoid long lines at TAP vending machines by loading fare or a pass on your TAP card in advance.
- One-way fare is $1.75, with two hours of free transfer from first TAP, or $7 for a Day Pass.
- Bicyclists should use the wider ADA fare gates and NOT the turnstiles or emergency exit swing gates.
- If boarding with bicycle, please use allocated bike area on trains to avoid blocking doors.
- Bikes are prohibited on escalators, and should be transported instead via elevators or stairs at all rail stations.
Due to street closures for the event, some buses will be detouring in the area. Please check Metro’s Service Advisory page for more information. For more routes and connections, use the Trip Planner or call 323.GO.METRO.