Believe it or not, Christmas is right around the corner! And although we won’t get snowfall or freezing temperatures, there are plenty of seasonal celebrations to keep you and your family in the holiday spirit. Choose from any of the following events happening this weekend in the heart of Los Angeles, just steps from Metro Rail.
If you like singing Christmas carols, belt out your favorite holiday tunes during the The Music Center’s annual Holiday Sing-Along this Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. If you can’t remember the words to every song, don’t worry! Free lyric sheets will be provided, plus a live accompaniment as your background in case you’re a little rusty. Admission is also free, however, tickets are required.
Hear festive holiday favorites from leading concert organist David Higgs during the Walt Disney Concert Hall Organ Spectacular. The program begins this Friday at 8 p.m.
See Debbie Allen’s The Hot Chocolate Nutcracker starring Raven Symoné on the Dorothy Pavilion Stage at 7:30 p.m. Friday night or Saturday at 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. Ticket prices start at $54.
The Walt Disney Concert Hall’s Holiday Sing-Along is this Saturday at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Throughout both performances, the concert hall’s pipe organ will be accompanied by a choir and jazz duo. Enjoy a pre-concert winter wonderland party before each show with free chocolate and a photo with Santa!
For those who’d like to celebrate the season elsewhere, here are 5 more noteworthy events happening in other areas near transit:
- The Latina Christmas Special at Los Angeles Theater Center this Friday ONLY! The Saturday and Sunday shows have sold out, so get your tickets now! (Metro Red or Purple Line to Pershing Square Station)
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, playing now thru Dec. 23 at A Noise Within in Pasadena. (Metro Gold Line to Sierra Madre Villa Station)
- Battleship IOWA-Movie Under the Guns, free screening of How the Grinch Stole Christmas this Friday at 6:30 p.m. (Metro Silver Line to Harbor/1st or Beacon/1st.)
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker, this Sunday at The Wiltern. (Metro Purple Line to Wilshire/Western)
- The Los Angeles Ballet: The Nutcracker, all weekend at UCLA’s Royce Hall. Metro Bus 2/302 to Hilgard/Wyton or Santa Monica Big Blue Bus to UCLA Terminal at Hilgard/Stathmore.
Plus, handy links to help you navigate our system:
- Metro trip planner
- Google Maps transit directions
- All Metro bus and rail maps and timetables
- Metro system map
- Metro Rail and transitway interactive map
- Fares and TAP card info
- How to Ride
- Nextrip real-time bus and train arrival information
Categories: Go Metro