A wave of Korean entertainment (Hallyu) is bound to take over the heart of downtown LA. And because we specialize in providing you with the most transit-accessible destinations, we’re certain taking Metro is the best way to all the fun.
KCon USA presented by Toyota is a 3-day convention dedicated to expanding Korean culture in the U.S. All weekend long, the L.A. Convention Center will host Q & A sessions, panel discussions, signings and how-to workshops with some of the best in Korean pop culture. For the ladies, various accessory vendors will be located in the convention center’s Expo Hall. Friday evening at Klub KCon, DJs will spin Korean pop and electric dance music from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. All ages are invited to attend.
On Saturday and Sunday, Kpop stars Got7, Super Junior, AOA, SHINHWA and more will perform live at the Staples Center. Visit the KCon USA website for tickets.
Both the L.A. Convention Center and Staples Center are super close to Pico Station from the Blue and Expo Lines. Use the Metro Trip Planner to determine your best route. KCon organizers encourage visitors to register early for a simple check-in process. There’s also the nifty KCon USA app equipped with a MY Schedule feature to help plan a personailized itinerary.
Located in L.A. LIVE are a ton of shops and restaurants for you to enjoy. See what perks are available when showing your valid TAP card at any one of our Destination Discounts locations!
If the East Asian culture doesn’t entice you, see what else L.A. has to offer this weekend:
- The Phantom of the Opera. Now through Sunday, August 2 at Hollywood Pantages Theater. Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Vine Station or Metro Bus 210, 217 or 222.
- A Night with Janis Joplin. Now at The Pasadena Playhouse until August 23. (Metro Gold Line to Lake Station and walk about 10 minutes to Colorado/Madison, or take Metro 180/181, Foothill Transit Bus 187 or Pasadena Arts Bus 10. (Both Foothill Transit buses and Pasadena ARTS buses accept TAP cards.)
- L.A. Dodgers vs. Anaheim Angels, Friday or Sunday at Dodger Stadium (Dodger Stadium Express from Union Station or Harbor Gateway Transit Center) *DSE is free for game ticket holders
- Metro Art Presents: Gonzo Lautari. This Friday from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Metro Gold, Red or Purple Line or Silver Line to Union Station)
And as always, more links to help you navigate our system:
- Google Maps transit directions
- All Metro bus and rail maps and timetables
- Metro system map
- Metro Rail and transitway interactive map
- Fares and TAP card info
- How to Ride
- Nextrip real-time bus and train arrival
Categories: Go Metro