You’re not alone — for most of us, it’s been a painful experience at the pump with gas prices nearly $5 a gallon. If you have surrendered your well-thought out weekend pleasures to the high and mighty cost of gasoline, you may want to think again.
Metro rail lines cover 87 miles of track in Los Angeles County, which means you can still enjoy the events you planned to attend without damaging your wallet. And speaking of weekend pleasures, the Old Pasadena Film Festival movie series is running now through August 1 with free screenings on Friday, Saturday and select Sunday nights.
Enjoy an evening of free, timeless classics, award-winning documentaries and more at what is known as the largest open-air film festival in California. All four screening sites (One Colorado Courtyard, Central Park, Distant Lands and Armory Center of the Arts) can be reached via the Metro Gold Line to Del Mar or Memorial Park Station.
Plus, you can add to your savings by dining at one of Metro’s Destination Discounts locations. Go Metro and show your valid TAP card at Villa Sorriso or Bar Celona, near Memorial Park Station, and save 15% on your purchase.
Not thrilled about outdoor movie screenings? Check out other ways to spend your weekend without going to the pump:
- Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Presents Circus Xtreme. All weekend at the Staples Center. Go Metro and save $8 on select tickets! (Metro Blue or Expo Line to Pico Station)
- Twilight in the Garden, Little Tokyo Concerts. This Sunday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center. Go Metro and save 10% on admission! (Metro Gold Line to Little Tokyo/Arts District Station)
- Meghan Trainor. This Friday night at the Hollywood Palladium. (Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Vine Station)
- Step and Repeat. All weekend at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA. Plus, go Metro to MOCA’s current exhibitions and receive 2-for 1 on admission! (Metro Gold Line to Little Tokyo/Arts District Station)
- Around the World in 80s Sips. This Sunday at Galco’s Soda Pop Stop from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Metro Bus 83 to York/Avenue 57)
And finally, more resources to help you get around town via Metro!
- Metro trip planner
- Google Maps transit directions
- All Metro bus and rail maps and timetables
- Metro system map
- Metro Rail and transitway interactive map
- Fares and TAP card info
- How to Ride
- Nextrip real-time bus and train arrival
Categories: Go Metro