Grand Performances, Los Angeles’ favorite outdoor concert series, is here for its 29th season offering an interesting mix of dancers, musicians and poets all summer long! Now through August 23, enjoy an array of performers from all over the world right here in downtown L.A.’s California Plaza. Best of all, the concerts are free, and attending them means you get deals and freebies just for being a Metro rider.
Go Metro to The Gaslamp Killer Experience this Friday at 8 p.m. and show your TAP card for a limited edition Hollywood Bowl picnic blanket. On Saturday, hear the funky, soulful sounds of Wattstax Revisited. Grab a bite from Noé Restaurant & Bar (adjacent to the plaza) before the show and save 15% on your entire bill.
You can get to California Plaza and Noé Restaurant & Bar easily by taking the Metro Red or Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station, Pershing Square Station or on several Metro buses that operate along Hill and Olive Street.
Upcoming Grand Performances:
June 26 at noon – Run River North
June 26 at 8 p.m. – The Family Crest
July 10 at 8 p.m. – Watts50
July 11 at 8 p.m. – Dumpstaphunk
July 17 at noon – Thelma De Freitas
July 17 at 8 p.m. -The Last Jimmy
July 18 at 8 p.m. – Ondatropica
July 24 at noon – Mexico 68
The full listing for this summer’s Grand Performances can be found here.
And if you’re looking for other ways to spend your Father’s Day weekend, consider going Metro with Dad to these events.
- Cornerstone Theater Company Presents: California The Tempest at Grand Park, now through Saturday (Metro Red or Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station)
- Walk Instead to Dodger Stadium with Metro and Los Angeles Walks this Friday at 6:15 p.m. (Metro Gold Line to Chinatown Station) * Free sunglasses and bandanas!
- The Interview with Street Food Cinema at Exposition Park. Saturday, doors open at 5:30 p.m. (Metro Expo Line to Expo Park/USC Station)
- 23rd Annual Pasadena Chalk Festival at Paseo Colorado, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Metro Gold Line to Del Mar or Memorial Park Station)
- Trainweck Tour: Amy Schumer and Friends at The Wiltern this Sunday (Metro Purple Line to Wilshire/Normandie Station)
Finally, more handy resources to help you navigate our system:
- Metro trip planner
- Google Maps transit directions
- All Metro bus and rail maps and timetables
- Metro system map
- Metro Rail and transitway interactive map
- Fares and TAP card info
- How to Ride
- Nextrip real-time bus and train arrival
Categories: Go Metro
[…] muchos lugares para disfrutar en L.A., como el Hollywood Bowl, el Greek Theatre, Dance Downtown y Grand Performances, pero ahora les queremos recomendar otro: la serie de conciertos de verano de Levitt […]
[…] http://thesource.metro.net/2015/06/16/go-metro-weekends-grand-performances-its-free-but-metro-riders… […]