Beach Streets Uptown is an Open Streets event sponsored by Metro that will take place in Long Beach this Saturday, June 6. The event will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along Atlantic Avenue between Wardlow Road and Houghton Park and allow the public to walk, bike and explore lovely Uptown Long Beach in car-free fashion.
Pedestrian and bicycle access to the event will be provided to and from the L.A. River Bike Path and the Metro Blue Line’s Wardlow Station via temporary separated bike lanes on Wardlow Rd. Long Beach Transit is another way to get to the event without having to drive, and they accept TAP. If you do drive, there is parking in downtown Long Beach and other parts of the city; Long Beach is well-connected by bike lanes.
Please feel free to recommend a preferred route in the comments!
Here’s a list of just a few things that will happen during Beach Streets Uptown:
- Petting zoo on Burlinghall (west of Atlantic)
- Historical Society of Long Beach – exhibit and entertainment
- ASK Foundation Skate and BMX Expo
- Polly’s Pies, 3490 Atlantic, patio seating with music
- Uptown Marketplace (56th St. – Market St.)