Update, 3:50 p.m.: This afternoon’s power issue on the Metro Green Line is now clear. Trains are in the process of resuming normal rush hour service, every 7-8 minutes. However, residual delays should be anticipated through 4:30 p.m. while the regular schedule is recovered.
The Metro Green Line is currently experiencing major delays due to loss of power that began around 1:45 p.m. near Willowbrook/Rosa Parks Station and has since spread to other parts of the line. The reason for the loss of power is still under investigation.
While Metro personnel work to resolve the issue, Green Line customers should plan to use alternate routes if possible. Line 120 runs from Aviation/LAX to Norwalk Station along Imperial Highway, stopping near many Green Line stations. For those traveling between the Green Line and Downtown L.A., the following may also be useful:
Customers who normally connect with Blue Line to/from Downtown L.A.
Between Norwalk Station and Downtown L.A.
- Metro Express 460 — Board at Norwalk Station Bus Plaza.
From Downtown L.A. to Norwalk Station
- Metro Express 460 — Board on westbound 5th Street until Flower, then southbound Flower Street.
Between Long Beach Bl Station and Downtown L.A.
From Downtown L.A. to Long Beach Bl Station
- Metro Rapid 760 or Metro Local 60 — Board on southbound Flower until 7th Street, then eastbound 7th Street.
Between Avalon Station and Downtown L.A.
From Downtown L.A. to Avalon Station
Between Harbor Fwy Station and Downtown L.A.
- Metro Silver Line, Metro Express 450 — Board on lower freeway level northbound platform.
- Metro Rapid 745, Metro Local 45, 81 — Board on northbound Figueroa Street level.
From Downtown L.A. to Harbor Fwy Station
- Metro Silver Line, Metro Express 450 — Board at Flower St/7th Street.
- Metro Rapid 745 — Board on southbound Broadway.
- Metro Local 81 — Board on southbound Hill Street until 8th Street, then southbound Figueroa Street.
Between Vermont/Athens Station and Downtown L.A.
From Downtown L.A. to Vermont/Athens Station
- Expo Line to Metro Rapid 754 or Metro Local 204 — Exit at Expo/Vermont Station and board on southbound Vermont Avenue.
- Red/Purple Line to Metro Rapid 754 or Metro Local 204 — Exit at Wilshire/Vermont Station and board on southbound Vermont Avenue.
Between Crenshaw Station and Downtown L.A.
From Downtown L.A. to Crenshaw Station
- Expo Line to Metro Rapid 710 or Metro Local 210 — Exit at Expo/Crenshaw Station and board on southbound Crenshaw Blvd
- Expo Line to Metro Rapid 757 — Exit at Expo/Western Station and board on southbound Western Avenue.
- Purple Line to Metro Rapid 710, 757 — Exit at Wilshire/Western Station. Board Metro Rapid 710 on westbound Wilshire Boulevard. Board Metro Rapid 757 on southbound Western Avenue.
Between Hawthorne/Lennox Station and Downtown L.A.
From Downtown L.A. to Hawthorne/Lennox Station
- Expo Line to Metro Rapid 740 –Exit at Expo/Crenshaw Station and board on southbound Crenshaw Boulevard.
- Metro Express 442 — Board within Downtown LA or at Union Station/Patsaouras Bus Plaza Bay #5.
Between Aviation/LAX Station and Downtown L.A.
- LADOT Commuter Express 438 — Board at Imperial Hwy/Aviation Boulevard. Separate fare required.
From Downtown L.A. to Aviation/LAX Station
- LADOT Commuter Express 438 — Board at Flower St/7th St
Thank you to all Green Line customers for your understanding as we work to resolve this incident as soon as possible. Stay tuned for updates here at The Source, as well as on Twitter via our accounts @metrolosangeles or @metrolaalerts.
Categories: Service Alerts