Participate in the Metro Holiday Hunt this Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 20-21! It’s a game for the speedy and Metro savvy and prizes include items from the Metro Store and from our awesome Destination Discounts partners.
During contest hours, clues will be given out to the whereabouts of the Metro Holiday Fairy (see mugshot), along with a secret code word. Be the first person to find the Holiday Fairy after each clue has been tweeted and you’ll get the chance to win!
How to play:
- Follow @metrolosangeles on Twitter.
- During contest days, we will tweet clues to the Metro Holiday Fairy’s location.
- Be the first to find the Holiday Fairy! Then show your TAP card and say secret code word to take a photo with her.
- Post the photo to Twitter or Instagram and tag @metrolosangeles and #TAPandSave
- Claim your prize!
Posted photos must show the Metro Holiday Fairy and include the correct tags in order for prize to be claimed. There will be five prizes daily. Each prize will have corresponding clues revealed via Twitter. Contest hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day; there is a limit of one prize per person, per day.
The hunt for each prize will continue for one hour after the first clue for the prize is tweeted, or until the prize is claimed by prize winner–whichever happens sooner.
Click here for official contest rules. Full list of prizes below.
- Six (6) FIGat7th gift certificates (2 awarded Saturday, 4 on Sunday)
- Two (2) Family Four Packs to Holiday on Ice Pershing Square (1 awarded each day)
- One (1) Amoeba Hollywood gift certificate (awarded Saturday)
- Two (2) Disney on Ice ticket vouchers (awarded Sunday)
- One (1) Family Four Pack to Madame Tussauds (awarded Saturday)
- Two (2) L.A. Kings prize packs including mini replica Stanley Cup, official L.A. Kings hockey puck and L.A. Kings hat (1 awarded each day)
- One (1) Far Bar gift certificate (awarded Sunday)
- Two (2) Omni Hotel – Grand Café gift certificates (1 awarded each day)
- Two (2) Family Four Packs to California Science Center Pompeii Exhibit (1 awarded each day)
- Five (5) Metro Store prize packs including Metro Mug, Metro Beanie, $125 Metro Stress Bus (2 awarded Saturday, 3 on Sunday)
- Four (4) tickets to Jan. 6, 2015 showing of “Wicked” at Hollywood Pantages (2 awarded Saturday)
Categories: Go Metro
Anna Chen, who is in charge of this?
I am, in fact, in charge of the contest. All winners from today followed all of the steps required in order to claim the prizes. We awarded 5 prizes to 5 different winners, as stated. Each prize does comprise of multiple items, which are revealed in the tweet that also provides location clue and code word.
Tomorrow, we will award 5 prizes to 5 winners who are able to complete all steps required. All prizes will again contain multiple items which will be revealed with the clue. I’m sorry you were not able to win the prize you wanted. We ended up having to turn away others as well. I do my best to make sure the contest is as fair as possible within the limits of my resources. If you have feedback, you can email me at email@example.com and I will take it in to consideration for future contests or events that I am in charge of.
Thank you and I hope the rest of your weekend is well.
Metro Holiday Fairy
I took the bus & train. not that it mattered because no one followed the rules.
Basically it’s inventory reduction. Metro Store has lots of inventory left over because no one buys it with outrageous shipping prices so they decide to give them away as prizes. Paid for courtesy of our tax dollars.
Do the prize winners have to pay the shipping for the items from the Metro Store?
Why do you assume that everyone has Twitter that is interested in Metro?
I bet that those that win will drive, bike, or take a scooter to find the fairy, not take public transit.
All prizes will be handed out on the spot to the winners.
Writer, The Source