I have this theory that here in Los Angeles, what we lack in snow during the holidays we make up for in twinkle lights. And just like the cold takes months to thaw in other U.S. states, lights can been seen on houses here through February.
In the spirit of all things festive and electric (and so you can still see lights, but not have to worry about taking them down), here is a list of Holiday light celebrations close to Metro Bus or Rail. Be sure to start with the tree lighting happening this Monday in Union Station! The fun begins at 5 p.m.– just in time to join on your way home from work.
Many of the events below include performances, music, fireworks, seasonal nosh, and more, so be sure to click the links for details.
- Rodeo Drive Holiday Lighting Ceremony (Beverly Hills): Sunday, Nov 23 at 6 p.m. // Metro Rapid 720 to Wilshire/Beverly, Bus 20 to Wilshire/Rodeo, Bus 14 to Canon/Dayton or Beverly/Charleville.
- Old Pasadena Tree Lighting (Pasadena): Friday, Nov 28 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. // Metro Gold Line to Memorial Park Station, Rapid 762 or 780 to Fair Oaks/Colorado, Bus 180/181 or 10 to De Lacey/Colorado.
- Union Station Tree Lighting (Downtown L.A.): Monday, Dec 1 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the ticket concourse. // Metro Gold, Red/Purple or Silver Line to Union Station or various buses serving Patsaouras Plaza.
- 8th District Tree Lighting Celebration (Leimert Park): Monday, Dec 1 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at The Green Space at 4444 Crenshaw Boulevard. // Metro Expo Line to Expo/Crenshaw Station then take Bus 210 or Rapid 710 or 740 southbound on Crenshaw Blvd to Crenshaw/Vernon or Bus 105 or Rapid 705 to Vernon/Leimert.
- L.A. Country Tree Lighting at the Music Center (Downtown L.A.): Monday, Dec 1 at 5 p.m. at Grand Park’s Fountain Overlook Terrace // Metro Red or Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station, various downtown buses.
- Queen Mary Tree Lighting (Long Beach): Wednesday, Dec 3 at 8 p.m. // Metro Blue Line to Downtown Long Beach Station, transfer to free Passport bus at Pine/Ocean to Catalina Express/Parking Lot N.
- City of Inglewood Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony (Inglewood): Thursday, Dec 4 at 5:30 p.m. // Rapid 740, Bus 40, 111/311, or 212/312 to La Brea/Queen.
- Olvera Street 2014 Holiday Season Lighting Ceremony with The Mariachi Divas (Pueblo de Los Angeles): Friday, Dec 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. // Metro Gold, Red/Purple or Silver Line to Union Station or various buses downtown buses.
- Heritage Square Museum Holiday Lamplight Celebration (Montecito Heights): Saturday, Dec 6 and Sunday, Dec 7 at 4 p.m. // Metro Gold Line to Heritage Square/Arroyo Station then walk 20 minutes east on Avenue 35 and Griffin Avenue or Bus 252 to Avenue 43/Mosher.
- Los Angeles Farmer’s Market Menorah Lighting and Hannukah Celebration (Mid City West): Sunday, Dec 21 from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. // Rapid 780 or Bus 16/316 to Fairfax/3rd, Bus 217 or 218 to Fairfax/1st, Bus 14 to Beverly/Fairfax.
- Universal Citywalk “SoCal’s largest” Menorah Lighting and Tribute to Jewish Music (Studio City): Sunday, Dec 21 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. // Metro Red Line to Universal/Studio City Station.
- Naples Island Boat Parade and Neighborhood Lights (Long Beach): Saturday, Dec 13 (streets close for parade at 5 p.m., parade begins at 6 p.m.) // Metro Blue Line to 1st St Station, transfer to Long Beach Transit Bus 121 to 2nd/Ravenna SE.
Categories: Go Metro, Transportation News
Nice….Thank you for sharing. I think it would be helpful for all.
Good resource. Thanks for sharing.