…a lot! Because instead of driving, you can use the time to check email, sleep, read, connect with your neighborhood and more.[youtube //www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTq7jzoLJw0]
And don’t forget, during California Rideshare Week, Oct. 6 through 10, Metro will be issuing Get Out of Traffic Licenses to commuters who qualify* at four Metro stations and at the Civic Center Clean Air/Rideshare Fair. To receive a Get Out of Traffic License, be ready to take a photo at any of the following locations:
- Monday, Oct. 6 from 8 – 10 a.m. at Union Station East Portal
- Tuesday, Oct. 7 from 8 -9 a.m. at Culver City Station
- Wednesday, Oct. 8 from 8 – 9 a.m. at North Hollywood Station
- Thursday, Oct. 9 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Civic Center Clean Air/Rideshare Fair at Los Angeles Grand Park
- Friday, Oct. 10 from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. at El Monte Station
*You qualify if you have tried/will try carpooling, vanpooling, taking transit, walking or bicycling to work!
During Rideshare Week, commuters also will have a chance to win great prizes by pledging to share the ride online at metro.net/rideshareweek. Pledging to rideshare even just one day out of the week will enter you in the raffle. Keep reading after the jump to see what some of the prizes are.
- $100 gift cards from Macy’s
- 1-year memberships from the Automobile Club of Southern California
- Disneyland Resort Passes from The Walt Disney Company
- iPad Mini Tablets from Enterprise Rideshare
- Commuter Packets from Teledyne Controls
- …and more!
Categories: Metro Lifestyle