After thumping and humiliating the Giants last Wednesday night, the Dodgers are National League West champions and owners of the second seed in the NL. They’ll open the playoffs at home this Friday, Oct. 3, at 3:37 p.m. against the St. Louis Cardinals followed by Game 2 on Saturday night at 6:37 p.m.
Game 1 features a match of the very best pitcher in the majors, the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw, versus a top-five pitcher in Adam Wainwright. Should be a great game.
With huge crowds expected for the playoffs, the Dodger Stadium Express will be running to the ballpark from two locations: Union Station and Harbor Gateway Transit Center (731 W. 182nd Street, Gardena, CA) along with stops at Rosecrans Station, Harbor Freeway Station (for those transferring to/from the Green Line), Manchester Station and Slauson Station — all in the median of the 110 freeway (see above map). Those with tickets to the game ride for free. The new Harbor Gateway service is funded with revenues from the Metro ExpressLanes on the 110 freeway.
Please note that service from Harbor Gateway begins for the playoffs. For this weekend’s home games against the Colorado Rockies, Dodger Stadium Express service will only be from Union Station.
Union Station is served by many Metro and municipal bus lines and Metro Rail’s Red, Purple and Gold lines, as well as Metrolink and Amtrak. Parking is available for $6.
Harbor Gateway Transit Center is also served by several Metro bus lines, the Metro Silver Line and Torrance Transit. Free parking is available although may be limited if the lot fills.
Dodger Stadium Express details for the playoffs:
From Union Station:
- Board at Bus Bay 3 of the Patsaouras Bus Plaza.
- Service leaves Union Station every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before game time through the 3rd inning for all home games.
- You can exit inside Dodger Stadium at one of two stops – behind Center Field and at the Top Deck. Service will pick up at the same stops after the game.
- Return service runs until 45 minutes after the final out.
From Harbor Gateway Transit Center:
- Board at Bay 9.
- Buses run every 15 minutes starting 2 hours before game time, with the last bus leaving at game time.
- You’ll be dropped off behind Right Field. Service back to Harbor Gateway Transit Center will pick up at the same stop after the game.
- Return service ends 45 minutes after the final out.
Game Day Tips:
- Your Dodger ticket is good for the Dodger Stadium Express fare*; otherwise, regular Metro fares apply.
- Arrive early; crowds are heaviest near game time.