Here’s the press release from Metro:
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is planning to conduct a daytime single lane closure and night-time full closure of the northbound I-405 in West Los Angeles and the Sepulveda Pass the weekend of May 2-5, 2014. The contractor plans to remove and replace roadway, install Church Lane undercrossing expansion dams and approach slabs, stripe general purpose lanes and conduct electrical, drainage, concrete barrier, and k-rail removal work.
The closure schedule is as follows:
- The I-405 northbound #5 lane will be closed from Sunset Boulevard to Moraga Drive beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, May 2 to 6 a.m. Monday, May 5. Northbound freeway lanes will be reduced to four lanes in this area. Due to the planned daytime #5 lane closure over the weekend, motorists are advised to anticipate congestion, allow for extra time to reach destinations or to choose an alternate northbound freeway route based on real-time traffic conditions.
- The northbound I-405 will be fully closed nightly from the Wilshire on-ramp to Greenleaf Street:
- The night of Friday, May 2, from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday morning
- The night of Saturday, May 3, from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday morning
- The night of Sunday, May 4, from midnight to 5 a.m. Monday morning
- Ramps begin closing at 7p.m. and lanes will begin closing at 10p.m. each night
- Northbound on-ramp from Santa Monica
- Northbound on-ramp from eastbound Wilshire Boulevard
- Northbound on-ramp from westbound Wilshire Boulevard
- Northbound Sunset on-ramp
- Northbound Moraga off-ramp (closed 8 p.m. 5/2 to 6 a.m. 5/5)
- Northbound Moraga on-ramp
- Northbound on-ramp from Getty Center Drive
- Northbound on-ramp from Skirball Center Drive
- Northbound I-405 connector to U.S. 101
Nightly Full Directional Detour Routes
Motorists must exit at westbound Wilshire off-ramp, turn right to northbound Sepulveda Boulevard, and turn left onto northbound I-405 on-ramp to Greenleaf Street.
What to expect:
Categories: Transportation News