Weekend closures on the I-405:
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is planning to close the southbound I-405 in West Los Angeles from Getty Center Drive to Santa Monica Boulevard to facilitate roadway pouring at the freeway median, installation of an overhead sign and restriping of lanes westerly on Saturday and Sunday nights, April 12 and 13. Closure information is as follows:
- The night of Saturday, April 12, from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday
- The night of Sunday, April 13, from midnight to 6 a.m. Monday
Ramps will be closed as early as 7 p.m., and lanes will begin to close at 10 p.m. each night.
o Southbound Getty on-ramp
o Southbound/Eastbound Sunset on-ramp
o Southbound/Westbound Sunset on-ramp
o Southbound Sunset off-ramp
o Southbound Eastbound/Westbound Wilshire off-ramp
o Southbound Santa Monica off-ramp
o Southbound Getty off-ramp, south on Sepulveda Boulevard, east on Santa Monica Boulevard to Southbound Santa Monica on-ramp.
What to expect:
- Work is dependent on favorable weather conditions.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at www.facebook.com/405project.
Categories: Transportation News
Mayor Garcetti said in his state of the city speech the 405 carpool lanes would open “next month”. Is this true?
No exact date has been publicly announced yet by Metro but the HOV lanes are getting very close to completion.
Editor, The Source