Musicians around the world will be celebrating Johann Sebastian Bach’s 329th birthday this Friday, March 21, with free performances in subways and other public spaces. The idea is to bring a little music into people’s daily lives and hopefully inspire some future classical music lovers!
Several performances will be taking place near the plaza entrances of the following Metro Rail line stations.
- Universal City, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Civic Center/Grand Park , 11 a.m. – Noon
- Civic Center/Grand Park, 1 – 2 p.m.
- Civic Center/Grand Park, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Universal City, 6 – 7 p.m.
- Civic Center/Grand Park, 7 – 8 p.m.
These performances are free and open to the public. At this time, event organizers are no longer accepting performer submissions. Those who would like to stay and listen, please be mindful of the pedestrian traffic around you. Also, please be reminded that musical performances are not allowed inside Metro stations.
Categories: Events, Go Metro, Metro Lifestyle
[…] Don’t Try This Inside: Musicians To Loiter Outside Metro Stations Tomorrow (The Source) […]