Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is visiting Los Angeles this week and authorities have warned his motorcade may cause traffic flare-ups on the Westside over the next three days.
Unfortunately, Metro buses are not exempt from the rolling closures that could slow traffic, or close streets entirely, as the Prime Minister moves from place to place. Customers traveling through the Westside today through Thursday should allow extra time to reach their destination, as some bus lines in the area may experience delays of up to 20 minutes, or temporary detours. Metro Rail will not be impacted.
While the exact movements of the prime minister’s motorcade are not released ahead of time, the Secret Service has issued a general traffic advisory with areas to avoid during specific times. Here’s the info via the LAPD’s blog:
Tuesday March 4th 2014
- Santa Monica Blvd between 405 Freeway and Melrose Ave. 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 405 Freeway between Wilshire Blvd. and 105 Freeway 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Melrose Ave between La Cienega and Van Ness 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday March 5th, 2014
- Santa Monica Blvd between 405 Fwy and Melrose Ave 7:30 a.m. – 8:30, & 4:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.
- 405 Fwy between Wilshire Blvd. and 105 Fwy 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., & 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- 10 Fwy between 405 Fwy and CA Highway 1/PCH from 6:30 p.m. – 10:45 p.m.
- CA Hwy 1/PCH between 10 Fwy and Malibu Canyon Rd. 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Thursday March 6th, 2014
- Santa Monica Blvd between 405 and Melrose Ave 8:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Pico Blvd between Roxbury and Castello 8:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- 405 Fwy between Wilshire Blvd. and 105 Fwy 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.