Metro is always listening, and thanks to the growing number of users of our Go Metro app and their valuable feedback, we’ve recently released an updated version of our mobile application for both Android and iPhone/iPad users.
The latest update comes packed with a few new features, bug fixes and is synced to the latest bus/rail schedule shakeup. More details on the updates below. If this is the first you’re hearing of our Go Metro app, download is both easy and free. Click here to find out more about the app.
The latest update includes the following changes/fixes:
- Fixed notifications for iPhone/iPad users: users can now receive pushed notifications to their devices such as system service alerts.
- Fixed map zooming on Android devices: users were unable to zoom out while viewing a downloaded map.
- Fixed map update issue (iOS and Android): users will now be notified when a select map has been updated, and will be given the option to download the new version.
- Numbers are now assigned to the list of alert items to help users determine the number of new alerts.
- 511 traffic information has been added to the list of alert items – this provides users with live traffic reports, road conditions, and motorist aid.
- Bus/Rail info have been updated to sync with Metro’s December 15 route and service adjustments.
Categories: Go Metro, Technology
The app won’t let me plan a trip to or from the Gold Line Southwest Museum station. Please fix!
Great update! Hopefully we get to do everything on the app like loading up money to TAP or even making our phones act like TAP cards themselves. They’re already way ahead of us in Asia with technology use like this and I hope Metro can get to do these things before this decade is over.