Here’s the news release from Metro:
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full directional closure of the Southbound I-405 between Santa Monica Boulevard and National Boulevard in West L.A. the night of Thursday, December 26, from midnight to 5 a.m. on Friday morning, December 27, 2013. The closures will facilitate the realignment of lanes to accommodate roadway widening and drainage work along the freeway median.
- Lanes will begin to close at 10 p.m.
- Ramps will begin to close at 7 p.m.
- From the Southbound I-405, exit at Santa Monica Boulevard, turn right to Westbound Santa Monica Boulevard, turn left to Southbound Sawtelle Boulevard, turn left to Eastbound National Boulevard, and turn right on to the Southbound I-405 on-ramp on National Boulevard.
Although the Southbound I-405 closure is only from Santa Monica Boulevard to National Boulevard, the Sunset Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard Southbound I-405 on-ramps are also being closed as a traffic mitigation effort.
What to expect:
- Work is dependent on favorable weather conditions.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project.
Categories: Transportation News
Is this project EVER going to be done?