11/20/13 Update: Please note that the full directional closure of the southbound I-405 beginning midnight, Thursday, November 21, has been postponed due to rain. The new date and time is 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. on Sunday morning, November 24, 2013. Details are as follows:
- The southbound I-405 will be closed from US 101 to the southbound Getty Center Dr off-ramp, from 2am to 7am, Sunday morning, November 24, 2013, in order to shift lanes to the west for work on the freeway median.
- US 101 connector to the southbound I-405;
- Southbound Burbank Bl on-ramp;
- Southbound Ventura Bl on- and off-ramps;
- Southbound Valley Vista Bl on- and off-ramps; and
- Southbound Skirball Center Dr on- and off-ramps
Ramp closures will begin at 7pm and lane closures will begin at 9pm.
- Noteworthy: Access to US 101 will be maintained. The southbound I-405 connector to northbound and southbound US 101 will remain open.
- Detour: Traffic heading south on the I-405 will exit Burbank Bl, travel east to Sepulveda Bl, and southbound on Sepulveda Bl to the southbound Getty Center Dr on-ramp.
Here’s the earlier news release:
Southbound I-405 Freeway Closure between U.S. 101 and Getty Center Drive Planned Thursday Night, Nov. 21
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to implement a full closure of the southbound I-405 freeway between the U.S. 101 and Getty Center Dr. ramps beginning Thursday night, November 21, from midnight until 5 a.m. Friday.
The contractor is scheduled to shift freeway lanes to the west in order to work on the freeway median. The closure area is approximately four miles long. Sepulveda Boulevard will remain open and will be used as a detour route.
Ramps within the freeway closure area will begin to close as early as 7 p.m. Freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 10 p.m., leading up to the full southbound directional freeway closure beginning at 12 a.m.
- US 101 connector to the southbound I-405
- Southbound Burbank Boulevard on-ramp
- Southbound Ventura Boulevard on- and off-ramps
- Southbound Valley Vista Boulevard on- and off-ramps
- Southbound Skirball Center Drive on- and off-ramps
- Traffic heading south on the I-405 will exit Burbank Boulevard, travel east to Sepulveda Boulevard, and southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to the southbound Getty Center Dr on-ramp.
What to expect:
- Access to US 101 will be maintained. The southbound I-405 connector to northbound and southbound US 101 will remain open.
- Detour maps are available at www.metro.net/405.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project.
Metro-167 # # #
Categories: Projects, Transportation News