Metro will offer extended late-night Metro Rail service on Sunday, Nov. 3, for HARD Day of the Dead. The event, set for Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 2–3, will take place at Los Angeles Historic State Park, a short walk from both the Gold Line Chinatown station and Union Station.
Please note that unlike previous HARD events, attendees WILL NOT receive a Metro Day Pass with their tickets, which means if you’re going Metro to the concerts, you’ll need to get a reusable TAP card ($1) and make sure it’s loaded with cash fare or a pass. One ride is $1.50 per line; a Day Pass is $5 and lets you ride the entire Metro system until 3 a.m. the following day.
Skrillex, Deadmau5 and Calvin Harris headline a loaded lineup. The music will start each day at noon and last sets will end at approximately 12 a.m. On Saturday, Nov. 2, Metro will run normal 2 a.m. late-night service. On Sunday, Nov. 3, Metro Rail, Orange and Silver Lines will run approximately one hour after the festival ends to accommodate those who go to the show.
Last trains/buses on Sunday night will be as follows:
- Northbound Gold Line to Pasadena will leave East L.A. at 12:43 a.m., leaving Union Station at 1:07 a.m.; Southbound to East L.A. will leave Pasadena at 12:39 a.m., departing Union Station at 1:08 a.m.
- Outbound Red Line to North Hollywood will leave Union Station at 1:12 a.m. and arrive 7th St./Metro Ctr at 1:16 a.m. to connect with Blue and Expo Line; Outbound Purple Line to Wilshire/Western will leave Union Station at 1:07 a.m..
- Southbound Blue Line to Long Beach will leave 7th St./Metro Ctr at 1:25 a.m. and arrive Willowbrook at 1:49 a.m. to connect with the Green Line; Westbound Expo Line to Culver City will leave 7th St./Metro Ctr at 1:30 a.m.
- Green Line to both Norwalk and Redondo Beach will leave Willowbrook at 2 a.m.
- Westbound Orange Line will provide extra buses to Warner Center and Chatsworth, leaving North Hollywood at 1:15 a.m., 1:35 a.m. and 1:55 a.m.
- Eastbound Silver Line to El Monte Station will leave Union Station at 1:20 a.m.; Southbound Silver Line to Harbor Gateway Transit Center will leave Union Station at 1:31 a.m.
For more information on routes and schedule times, visit metro.net or call 323.GO.METRO.
Categories: Go Metro