It’s shaping up to be a great week for lovers of art and mass transit. This evening, L.A.-based artist Doug Aitken and his art train project Station to Station: A Nomadic Happening will pull into Union Station for a one-night-only event.
And this week, REDCAT is kicking off its 10th anniversary as CalArts’ downtown center for contemporary art with Radar L.A., an international festival of contemporary theater taking place Sept. 24 to Oct. 1. The festival’s second edition features 18 innovative works by leading artists from Los Angeles, Latin America, and the Pacific Rim. Go Metro to activate your artistic side and save on select Radar L.A. performances.
To receive 20% off on tickets to select performances, show your valid TAP card, Metro employee ID, or LA County employee ID at the REDCAT box office, located at 631 W. 2nd St. in Downtown L.A. (you can also check the progress of construction at the soon-to-be Broad Museum). To access the discount when purchasing tickets online or ordering by phone at 213.237.2800, use the promo code “Metro.” The offer is limited to two tickets per customer. This exclusive discount is part of Metro’s Destination Discount program and cannot be combined with any other offers.
The majority of Radar L.A. venues are located near Metro Rail stations and bus stops. Here are a few performance locations easily accessible by Metro:
• REDCAT/631 West 2nd Street, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station, Metro Bus 70 to Grand/2nd
• Los Angeles Theatre Center/514 S Spring Street, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple Line to Pershing Square, Metro Bus 16/316 to 5th/Spring
• The Million Dollar Theater/307 Broadway, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple Line to Pershing Square, Metro Bus 4 to Hill/3rd
• The Palace Theatre/630 S Broadway, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple Line to Pershing Square, Metro Bus 4 to Hill/3rd
• The Tower Theater/802 S Broadway, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple, Blue, or Expo Lines to 7th St./Metro Center Station, Metro Bus 45 to Broadway/8th
• Automata/504 Chung King Court, Los Angeles – Metro Gold Line to Chinatown Station, Metro Bus 45 to Broadway/Chinatown
• MOCA Grand Avenue/250 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles – Metro Red/Purple Line to Civic Center/Grand Park Station, Metro Bus 70 to Grand/2nd
• Kirk Douglas Theatre/9820 Washington Boulevard, Culver City – Metro Expo Line to Culver City Station, Culver City Bus 1 to Washington Blvd/Madison Ave SE
• Freud Playhouse at Macgowan Hall, UCLA/405 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles – Metro Bus 2/302 to Hilgard/Charing Cross
• The Barbara and Lawrence Fleischman Theater, The Getty Villa/17985 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Pacific Palisades – Metro Bus 534 to PCH/Coastline
For further information regarding performance dates, locations, and times, visit http://www.redcat.org/festival/radar-la-festival-2013.
To plan your route, use the Trip Planner at metro.net.
Categories: Transportation News