With the Orange County’s “Bridge Bash” scheduled this weekend, don’t forget the I-405 Project’s Southbound freeway closure through the Sepulveda Pass scheduled Saturday night, Aug. 17. Three lanes of the northbound freeway also will be closed. Another directional closure is also planned the following Saturday as well. Here’s the construction notice info:
Directional I-405 Freeway Closures Through the Sepulveda Pass Planned Aug. 17, 24
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements contractor will continue removing falsework on the Mulholland Bridge in the Sepulveda Pass on Saturday nights over the next two weekends. This will require full directional freeway closures from Valley Vista Drive to Skirball Center Drive between the hours of 11 p.m. until 9 a.m. The closure schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, August 17, 2013: Full southbound freeway closure, from Valley Vista to Skirball, from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m. Northbound #1,2,3 lanes will be closed as a buffer. Closures start at 11 p.m. and last until 9 a.m.
- Saturday, August 24, 2013: Full northbound freeway closure, from Skirball to Valley Vista, from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m. Southbound HOV, #1 and 2 lanes will be closed as a buffer. Closures start at 11 p.m. and last until 9 a.m.
Connector Ramp Closures
101 connector ramps to the freeway will be closed as follows:
- August 17: 101 connector ramps closed to southbound I-405, 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- August 24: 101 connector ramps closed to northbound I-405, 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
What to Expect:
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside of the construction zone.
- Sepulveda will be used as the detour route and no closures will take place on Sepulveda from Valley Vista to Church Lane.
For additional project information or to obtain detour maps, visit www.metro.net/405. Follow the project on social media at www.facebook.com/405project and //twitter.com/I_405. For real-time traffic conditions, visit Caltrans web site at www.quickmap.dot.ca.gov.
Metro-116 # # #
Categories: Transportation News