This is a quick update on our mobile app, Go Metro Los Angeles. The app recently surpassed 220,000 downloads. The device breakdown is roughly:
- Over 100,000 times by Android devices
- Over 120,000 times by iPhone/iPad devices
Additionally, 15 percent of all Apple downloads are from international customers (top countries: Canada, Australia, Germany, UK, France), while seven percent of all Android downloads are from international customers (top countries: Korea, Australia, UK, Mexico, Canada).
A new update of the app will be available for download the week of June 24th with these improvements:
- Nextrip Rail Info (real-time rail arrivals)
- June 2013 'shake-up' schedules (scheduled data automatically displays when cell data or wifi is not available)
- Larger walking distance of up to one mile (by customer request – we heard you)
- and some user interface revisions
I am including a few preview screen shots of the updated app showing Rail real time arrivals and scheduled arrivals. Work will also begin on Version 3.0 (a brand new version) of the app in July 2013, with a tentative release for Spring 2014.
The app integrates data, design, functionality, and real-time news from many Metro departments: Service Development & Performance Analysis, Creative Services Design Studio, Customer Relations, COO's Office, Construction Relations, Metro Library, Media Relations and Bicycle Planning. The app is designed and managed by Communications Web & Mobile Group.