Here’s the news release from Metro:
A short section of the northbound San Diego (405) Freeway, between the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp and the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp will be closed tonight and tomorrow night, Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m. Motorists traveling north will be able to exit the northbound freeway at Santa Monica, go straight through the traffic light and re-enter the freeway on the Santa Monica on-ramp. Because of the full northbound freeway closure, motorists are advised to avoid the area during that time period, as well as directly before and after.
The contractor will continue to repair the approach slab at the connection between the I-405 freeway and the Santa Monica off-ramp. Similar work was completed last weekend.
- Northbound Santa Monica Boulevard off- and on-ramps will remain open.
- Detour: Exit northbound at the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, go straight through traffic light and enter the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
- Traffic control officers will be deployed.
- CHP will be monitoring the area surrounding the closure.
The following will be closed during the 10-hour time period:
- Northbound Olympic Boulevard on-ramp
- Santa Monica Boulevard from Sawtelle Boulevard to Sepulveda Boulevard
- I-10 west connector to northbound I-405
- I-10 east connector to northbound I-405
What to expect:
- Construction schedule is subject to change based on daily progress and field conditions.
- Notification of ramp closures will be provided on a daily basis through the PM Closure e-mail notices. Subscribe to daily e-mail alerts at www.metro.net/405.
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at www.facebook.com/405project
Categories: Service Alerts