Here's the news release from Metro:
Full 10-Hour Northbound I-405 Freeway Closures at Santa Monica Boulevard in West L.A. Planned May 17, 18
The I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project contractor is scheduled to conduct two additional full 10-hour northbound I-405 freeway closures from the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp to the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp in West Los Angeles on the nights of Friday, May 17, and Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
Because these closures are twice as long as the normal five-hour night-time freeway closures, motorists are advised to plan ahead, avoid the area or take alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
The contractor will continue to repair the approach slab at the connection between the I-405 freeway and the Santa Monica off-ramp. Similar work was completed last weekend on May 10.
• Northbound Santa Monica Boulevard off and on-ramps will remain open.
• Detour: Exit at the Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, go straight through traffic light and enter the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.
• Traffic control officers will be deployed.
• CHP will be monitoring the area surrounding the closure.
The following ramps will be closed during the 10-hour closures:
• Northbound Olympic Boulevard on-ramp
• Santa Monica Boulevard from Sawtelle Boulevard to Sepulveda Boulevard
• I-10 west connector to northbound I-405
• I-10 east connector to northbound I-405
What to expect:
• Construction schedule is subject to change based on daily progress and field conditions.
• Notification of ramp closures will be provided on a daily basis through the PM Closure e-mail notices. Subscribe to daily e-mail alerts at www.metro.net/405.
Categories: Service Alerts