Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on a rainy Friday afternoon. Here is the construction notice from the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project:
ATTENTION RESIDENTS, BUSINESS OWNERS AND COMMUTTERS IN THE VICINITY OF SEPULVEDA BL BETWEEN MONTANA AV AND CHURCH LN/OVADA PL
Roadway construction and the reduction of Sepulveda Bl to one lane in each direction between Montana Av and Church Lane, has been extended until Thursday, December 6, 2012 due to poor weather conditions.
What: 24/7 lane reduction of Sepulveda Bl for roadway construction extended
When: 24 hours-7day a week lane reduction that started at 9am on Monday, November 26, 2012 has been extended to Thursday, December 6, 2012. Anticipated work hours are from 7am to 6pm and 8pm to 6am. This operation is subject to change and is weather permitting.
Where: Sepulveda Bl, between Montana Av and Church Ln/Ovada Pl
What to expect:
· Sepulveda Bl will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 6am to 9pm and fully closed from 9pm to 6am to support roadway work and other critical activities.
· This operation is necessary in order to eliminate the grade difference between the new roadway and the existing Sepulveda Bl grade.
· Sepulveda Bl will be reconfigured to its final location at the end of this operation and Homedale Av will reopen at the completion of the roadway work.
· The public is asked to plan ahead and expect delays during the implementation of the lane reduction.
· Some vibration is anticipated during the use of the compaction rollers. Dump trucks and excavation equipment will be used.
· Traffic Control Officers will be utilized at key intersections during peak hours, including Sunset Bl/Barrington Av, to mitigate traffic impacts associated with the lane reduction