In preparation for the grand opening of the Metro Orange Line Extension this June, Metro is preparing to start systems testing beginning Monday, April 23, for approximately three weeks.
During this testing period, buses will intermittently run along the busway for testing purposes only. The testing will take place from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Metro’s right-of-way east of Canoga Avenue between Vanowen Street and the Chatsworth Station.
The public is advised to be safe around buses:
- Obey ALL warning signs and traffic signals when crossing the busway intersections.
- Be alert at all times when near the busway.
- Watch for buses from both directions.
- NEVER walk, run, ride bicycles, or drive on the busway.
- Remember to push the pedestrian crossing button to activate the “Walk” signal.
- Use the crosswalks. Never jaywalk across the busway or use the busway as a shortcut.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street.
Overall construction work will continue during the testing period. The construction work hours are approximately 6:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, weather permitting.