Here’s the latest construction news from the Expo Construction Authority, the public entity charged with overseeing construction of the light rail line.
When: Saturday, March 10, 2012 – From 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, one day only
Where: National Blvd., between Washington Blvd. and Wesley St.
· Southbound traffic will be prohibited between Washington Blvd. and Wesley St., and will be detoured along Washington Blvd., to La Cienega Blvd., and back to Jefferson Blvd.
· Northbound traffic will be prohibited between Wesley St. and Washington Blvd., and will be detoured along La Cienega Blvd., to Washington Blvd, and back to National Blvd.
· Local access will be maintained for all residents and business, subject to the Traffic Detour.
· Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of National Blvd.
· Directional signage will be used to safely direct drivers and pedestrians around the construction zones in order to minimize the disruption to traffic.
Advisories: Parking and “No Stopping Anytime” restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times. Please do not enter the construction work zone and obey all posted construction signs.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)
To view the construction notice – please click here [PDF].
We are patiently waiting the opening of the Exposition Line, hurry please!!
I wish that an explanation would accompany the construction closure notice. While it isn’t exactly necessary for the purpose of re-routing traffic, an explanation would be beneficial to a public that has been anticipating the Expo Line and the Culver station for some time.