Here’s the news advisory issued by Metro:
Downtown L.A. Blue Line stations to close evenings of Saturday, Jan. 7, and Sunday, Jan. 8, for Expo Line systems integration work
- Work hours are Saturday and Sunday from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Bus shuttles replace trains between 7th/Metro and Washington stations.
- Stations to be closed are 7th/Metro, Pico, Grand, San Pedro and Washington.
- Nightime work does not affect service between Washington and Long Beach Transit Mall stations
- Daytime service is not affected; will serve downtown L.A.stations until 7 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Due to continuing construction to integrate the future Exposition Light Rail Line with the Metro Blue Line, service to Blue Line stations in downtownLos Angeleswill close at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7, and Sunday, Jan 8. Buses instead of trains will shuttle passengers between Washington Station and 7th/Metro Center. Daytime service to downtown L.A.stations will run normal operations until 7 p.m.
Blue Line stations affected are: 7th/Metro Center, Pico, Grand, San Pedro, and Washington stations. Blue Line service between Washington Station and Long Beach Transit Mall is not affected and will continue normal oprations.
Transit officials advise customers continuing to downtown destinations to allow up to 40 additional minutes to complete the trip.
Major construction to integrate the two rail lines began in early 2010. Nearing completion, construction involved road paving, installation of interlockings and cables, operational signage, and remodeling the entrances to Pico Station to improve safety during events at Staples Center, L.A. Live and the Convention Center.
Notices are posted at appropriate locations.
Categories: Service Alerts