The schedule for this week’s full directional freeway closures in support of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project has been revised. These closures will begin tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 25, 2011, and last approximately four nights.
See construction notice for details:
ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS IN THE VICINITY OF THE SKIRBALL CENTER DR BRIDGE AND THE I-405 SAN DIEGO FREEWAY
The contractor has scheduled the implementation of a full directional freeway closure for four nights starting Tuesday, October 25, 2011 during the late night hours, weather permitting. A number of work activities will be conducted concurrently during these nights of the full directional freeway closures. These activities are as follows:
- Installation of walkway on the north half of the Skirball Bridge
- Mulholland Bridge column construction work
- Removal and replacement of overhead freeway signs and structures to support freeway widening
Each night, ramps within the freeway closures limits may begin to close as early as 7:00 pm and freeway lanes will begin to close as early as 10:00 pm, leading up to the full directional freeway closure between the hours of 12:00 am, midnight, to 5:00 am. See below for schedule of upcoming freeway closures.
What: The implementation of a full directional freeway closure for several work activities in the area.
When: Work is anticipated to begin Tuesday, October 25, 2011, and last four nights during the late night hours, weather permitting. See table below for schedule of upcoming freeway closures.
Where: I-405 freeway between the Getty Center Dr. ramps and 101 freeway.
What to expect:
- Oct. 25 & 26 — Southbound I-405 freeway from the 101 freeway to Getty Center Dr. (freeway lanes closures staring at 10:00 pm)
- Oct. 27 & 28 –Northbound I-405 freeway from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Blvd. (freeway lanes closures staring at 10:00 pm)
- Sepulveda Blvd. will remain open during the nights of these full directional freeway closures and will be used as a detour route. Detour maps are available at www.metro.net/405
- Utility relocations will be conducted on the Skirball Bridge during the nights of the full directional freeway closures which requires the closure of the Skirball Bridge from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Emergency access will be maintained on the bridge at all times.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside of the construction zone
- For a listing of daily closures and latest updates visit our website at www.metro.net/405 or follow us on twitter: twitter.com/I_405 and Facebook at facebook.com/405project
Categories: Projects, Transportation News