The second phase of Sunset Bridge reconstruction work for the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project is scheduled to begin October 15 and last for two weeks.
Work will require the weekday morning closure of the southbound 405 Sunset Boulevard freeway off-ramp beginning Monday, October 17. Motorists will have to utilize freeway off-ramps at either Getty or Wilshire Boulevard between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. only during weekdays (See map).
The first phase of Sunset Bridge intersection work included efforts to raise other street intersections and utilities to meet the new height of the bridge’s rebuilt south side. See earlier Source post on this work.
All the details are on the construction notice posted after the jump.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-405 AND THE SUNSET BL BRIDGE
As part of the reconstruction of the Sunset Bl bridge and in preparation for the demolition and reconstruction of the northern side of the bridge, the second 14-day closures will be implemented to reconstruct all approaches to the bridge. This closure is necessary to raise the street intersections and utilities to meet the new height of the reconstructed Sunset Bl bridge.
What: Sunset Bl bridge reconstruction closures
When: October 15 – October 29, 14 day and night closure and week day closure of the SB Sunset Bl off-ramp from 6am to 10am
Where: North Church Ln between Sunset Bl and the SB 405 ramps;
Sepulveda Way to westbound Sunset Bl between Sepulveda Bl and Sunset Bl
What to expect:
- Sunset Bl will be closed between Barrington Av and Veteran Av on the night of Friday, October 14 and Saturday, October 15 for traffic reconfiguration and k-rail placement between the hours of 10pm and 6am.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic will be detour SB onto Barrington Av, to EB Wilshire Bl, to NB Veteran Av, back to EB Sunset Bl. Local access will be maintained.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic will be detour SB onto Veteran Av, to WB Wilshire Bl, to NB Barrington Av, back to WB Sunset Bl. Local access will be maintained.
- The EB Sunset to SB 405 on-ramp and the NB ramps will be closed as early as 7pm; closures will be coordinated with Caltrans. Ramps will remain open during daytime hours.
- Sunset Bl traffic will be maintained with one lane in each direction the weekend of October 15 only.
- WB Sunset Bl to SB 405 on-ramp will be allowed a left turn onto the SB 405.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will be detoured to continue EB on Sunset Bl, to SB Veteran Av, to WB Montana Av, to NB Sepulveda Bl, back to Church Ln.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic to NB Church Ln will be detoured at Sepulveda Way to NB Sepulveda Bl, back to Church Ln.
- SB Church Ln traffic to Sunset Bl will be detoured to continue SB on Sepulveda Bl to: EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl., and WB Montana Av, to NB Church Ln, back to Sunset Bl.
- Two lanes will be maintained in each direction on Sunset Bl.
- Access will be provided for emergency responders.
- This activity will be followed by demolition of the northern half of the Sunset Bridge with reconstruction lasting approximately 12 months.
Bus Line 2 detour information:
- Eastbound: Regular route to Sunset Blvd. and Barrington Ave., then continue via Sunset Bl to SB Church Ln, to EB Montana Av, and then regular route.
- Westbound: Regular route to Gayley Av and Veteran Ave., then continue via Gayley Av/Montana Av to NB Church Ln, WB Sunset Bl, and then regular route.
Bus Lines 233 & 761 detour information:
- Northbound: Regular route to Sunset Bl and Bellagio Rd, then continue via Sunset Bl to SB Veteran Av, to EB Montana Av, to NB Sepulveda Bl, and then regular route.
- Southbound: Regular route to Sepulveda Bl and Ovada, then continue via Sepulveda Bl to EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, to EB Sunset Bl, and then regular route.