Welcome to Twitter Tuesday, a weekly feature here at The Source in which we’ll round up the latest Metro related tweets in the Twitterverse. To follow Metro on Twitter just search for @MetroLosAngeles. We recommend adding the #MetroLosAngeles tag to your tweets to get our attention.
And when it comes to complaints, the best way to get them addressed is to use the Customer Comment Form on Metro.net. There you can provide all the detail needed so that customer service reps may best address your problems.
- LowImpactBetty The @metrolosangeles is nice 🙂 http://picplz.com/kKDv
- ZachBehrens .@MetroLosAngeles buses are so colorful. http://instagr.am/p/H_fke/
- MrDOLPH Yes! Utilizing @metrolosangeles gold line. #carmaggedon http://instagr.am/p/H2Efh/
- ZachBehrens Traffic may be extremely light today, but I’m still going @MetroLosAngeles! #carmageddon http://instagr.am/p/Hzzcy/
- ChucktheDrummer thanks @metrolosangeles for the free fares this weekend #carmeggedon
- RobLCook metrolosangeles I always love riding metro , but when its free its even better. Thanks metro for helping all of us get through carmageddon
- kapope @metrolosangeles, Thank you for offering free Metro this weekend.
- cakedoodle @myfoxla I decided to take @metrolosangeles during #carmageddon wknd. It’s been good!
- jlapolo @metrolosangeles Thanks for the job done on the 405.
- tommynak @metrolosangeles @villaraigosa and #Carmageddon contractors – congrats on a job well-done
- jeshizaemon @metrolosangeles Thank you for the bikes at all hour rule, BTW.
- the_brein #MTA Blue Line is on point today. Missed one train, but the next one came 2 minutes later. I’m goin places today! @metrolosangeles
- militantangleno Dear @Metrolosangeles – Wanna let you know that Orange Line op #18298 is really cool, friendly & professional! Pls give her a raise/bonus!
After the jump, #MetroMusings on #Carmageddon and other issues plus this week’s #MetroFail tweets.
- ElimProcess If the #405 closure taught us anything, it was that we do not need cars to get around. We need a better transit system @metrolosangeles
- YoSoyLu Took shutting down the 405 for ppl to see the possibilities of public transport. Oooaahh L.A. pretty cool huh? @metrolosangeles #carmaggedon
- plusMETRO So far, no major traffic, awesome #flightvsbike race, lots using @metrolosangeles and its free rides. Hmm.. #Carmageddon was an inside job.
- ADD_Avenger @villaraigosa shutting down the @I_405 was fantastic, the free @metrolosangeles rocked let’s do it again for #EarthDay #please
- _DaniLogan Hopefully everyone riding @metrolosangeles bc of #carmaggedon will be converted to public trans. Ok, I’ll settle for half.
- kaydeesee absolutely enjoying the #carmageddon quietness amongst LA. also glad @metrolosangeles is in the spot light, #propublictransportation!
- intellichick Signs that should’ve been here before #carmageddon. Keep these at Wilshire/Vermont @metrolosangeles! http://lockerz.com/s/120841335
- markvalli @metrolosangeles no, no, no! The purpose of metro should be to expand and efficiently run transit, not to help drivers by reducing gridlock
- thelittlefella Riding @metrolosangeles gold line seems pretty full for a weekend evening. #Carmageddon is awesome!
- letiff Low turnout @metrolosangeles red line. Some angelenos won’t ride public transit even if its free.
- LACityNerd Riding a fairly empty Metro Red line. Sad not more people took advantage of the free ride! @metrolosangeles
- bgrmosaic @metrolosangeles can’t wait till the light rail reaches LAX & LGB. LAX needs to be a priority after or along with phase 2 a the Expo line.
- adamlarue @metrolosangeles instead of glamorizing transit with cool pics you should work on maintaining your Blue Line better.
- adamlarue Hey @metrolosangeles today is the second day in a row you’ve had problems and made me late. twitpic.com/5skp73
- SherwinHLee @metrolosangeles has to halt Blue Line light rail service to trim trees. I like trees, but not that much?
- ieko1224 @metrolosangeles operator of bus #9577 at 15:36 stopped bus so she could eat nuts instead of arrive at last stop early… Seriously?
- msfashionbelle @metrolosangeles your buses are so unreliable. I’m going to be late to work. The schedule says 2:28pm and the bus still hasn’t come!
- sunny_Menagerie I found out about a @metrolosangeles complaint line…well passenger relations…oh many calls i plan to make
- sosweho Wow the @metrolosangeles 704 driver closed door on me and drove off from Union Station.
- blinkie Hey @metrolosangeles all the screens at Lake Station are broken again. No train arrival info on any of them. #metrofail
- zachszukala: @metrolosangeles could you please fix this grammar nightmare on your kiosks? Maybe “Please tap card to target?” http://t.co/TppkZqr
- adamlarue Listening to Gershwin while on the @metrolosangeles Blue Line. The juxtaposition is interesting and funny to me.
- bentoboxx About to see Harry Potter. $6 matinee and free ride on the @metrolosangeles thanks to carcapolypse!
- ChucktheDrummer Off to the @TheHFM. Thanks @metrolosangeles for the free ride!
- jeredgold I’m riding @metrolosangeles to @outfest. It’s free ’cause of #carmageddeon but we would’ve rode the train anyway.
- _DaniLogan @metrolosangeles gold line to old town pasa. Gonna nosh on some @pitajungle