It is anticipated that tonight (Thursday, Oct. 14) will be the final night of the Skirball Bridge demolition activity for the north side of the bridge as part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project. The schedule of work for the demolition activity is ending two days early because the contractor has been able to finish work more quickly than planned.
The closures for tonight’s work are as follows:
- Full northbound freeway closure from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard.
- The Skirball Bridge will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The northbound Skirball off-ramp will close at 7:15 p.m.
- The southbound Skirball on- and off-ramps will close at 9 p.m.
- The northbound Skirball on-ramp will remain open throughout the night.
Two nights of bridge abutment demolition are planned approximately one month later.
Access to surrounding local streets, the freeway and freeway ramps during demolition will be impacted. To keep traffic moving, detours will be set up and traffic control officers will be stationed at critical locations to help direct traffic. Detailed information on all closures, including recommended detours, are available here.
During freeway closures, Sepulveda Boulevard will remain open and can be used as a primary detour route. Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
For additional project information and ongoing construction updates, visit the project web site or call the project hotline at 213-922-3665.