SATURDAY, APRIL 24 UPDATE
Good news – The street closure of Church Lane has been canceled this weekend.
The latest fun that is part of Sepulveda Pass widening project on the 405 freeway: the intersection of Church Lane and Sepulveda Boulevard is being shut down the two next weekends as part of the work being done to reconstruct the Sunset Boulevard bridge over the 405. Tonight’s closure begins at 9 p.m. and plans are for the intersection to reopen by 6 a.m. Monday.
All the details about detours are in the press release posted after the jump.
Church Lane/Sepulveda Boulevard Intersection Widening Work Planned Beginning April 23
Wednesday April 21, 2010
In preparation for the reconstruction of the Sunset Bridge, the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project contractor will widen the intersection of Church Lane and Sepulveda Boulevard beginning Friday, April 23 for two full weekends. This temporary improvement will add an additional traffic lane to southbound Church Lane.
What:Full street closure for widening of Church Lane at Sepulveda Boulevard.
When: Work is anticipated to last two full weekends, weather permitting: Friday, April 23, 2010 through Monday, April 26, 2010 and Friday, April 30, 2010 through Monday, May 2, 2010. Full street closure is anticipated to start at 9 p.m. Friday night; the street will reopen to full traffic on Monday at 6 a.m.
Where:Intersection of Church Lane and Sepulveda Boulevard.
What to Expect:
- In preparation for the full closure of the intersection, pre-construction activities will take place on adjacent sidewalks starting the week of April 19, 2010 for three weeks between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Access to thru traffic will be maintained.
- The northern sidewalk will be temporarily relocated to the southern side and will reopen on May 3.
- Full closure of the intersection of Church Lane at Sepulveda Boulevard.
- During the full closure on Church Lane, local access only will be maintained for businesses and residences.
- Access to Church Lane from Sepulveda Boulevard will be restricted during the full closure.
- Detour: Southbound Sepulveda Boulevard traffic to southbound Church Lane will be detoured to continue southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to Sepulveda Way to westbound Sunset Boulevard back to Church Lane.
- Detour: Northbound Church Lane traffic to Sepulveda Boulevard will be detoured to eastbound Sunset Boulevard to southbound Veteran Avenue to westbound Montana Avenue back to Sepulveda Boulevard.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of Church Lane.
- Bus detoured: Westbound Metro bus line 2/302 will be temporarily detoured at Montana Ave. and Sepulveda Boulevard. It will continue via Montana Avenue to Church Lane, to Sunset Boulevard back to regular route.
- Big Blue Bus connections with Metro at Sepulveda will not be possible on these weekends. Connections can be made along Wilshire Boulevard. Layover will be on Barrington south of Brentwood Village at bus stop in front of the post office.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
- At the completion of this activity, there will be an additional lane for northbound Church Lane traffic.
Construction schedules are dynamic and subject to change without notice.
For additional project information and ongoing construction updates, visit www.metro.net/I-405 or call the project hotline at 213-922-3665. The latest updates are also available on Twitter at www.twitter.com/I_405.