3/22/10 UPDATE: Utility relocation activities on Sepulveda Boulevard have been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 24.
Metro has issued a new I-405 Sepulveda Pass Widening Project construction notice for utility relocation work starting this Friday, March 19 that will last about eight weeks.
Work will consist of undergrounding overhead power lines in preparation for the relocation of Sepulveda Boulevard to the east to make way for a 10-mile northbound I-405 carpool lane between the I-10 and U.S. 101. Work will be conducted with the LADWP between Montana Avenue and Sunset Boulevard. Some street lane closures needed for trenching and equipment placement will be needed.
Info from the construction notice is below:
What: Under-grounding of DWP overhead electrical lines
When: Work is anticipated to start on Friday, March 19, 2010 for approximately 8 weeks, weather permitting. Anticipated work hours are from 9:00am to 3:00pm and 9:00pm to 6:00am. Saturday work is anticipated between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Where: Northbound Sepulveda Blvd. between Montana Ave. and Sunset Blvd. and intersection closures will be implemented as followed for approximately 5 days at each location:
- Work is anticipated to start on March 29th at Sepulveda Blvd and Homedale St.
- Work is anticipated to start on March 31st at Sepulveda Blvd and alleyway (south of Bronwood Ave).
- Work is anticipated to start on April 2nd at Sepulveda Blvd and Bronwood Ave.
What to expect:
- Temporary reconfiguration of traffic lanes (re-striping) and concrete rail placement will occur starting on March 17, 2010.
- Traffic detours signs will be placed to direct vehicles around the closed intersections.
- During construction hours northbound Sepulveda traffic will be detoured to eastbound Montana Ave., northbound Veteran Ave., to westbound Sunset Blvd., to Sepulveda Way and back to Sepulveda Blvd.
- Daytime construction activities will consist of trenching operations and trench backfilling.
- Night construction operations will consist of conduit installation, trench backfilling, and paving.
- Westbound bus lines 2/302 will be temporarily detoured at Montana Ave. and Sepulveda Blvd. and it will continue via Montana Ave. to Church Ln, to Sunset Blvd. back to regular route.
- Local access to residences will be maintained.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside the construction zone.
Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.