Walk, bike or skate down six miles of Iconic Wilshire Boulevard this Sunday with CicLAvia! There are 5 Metro Purple Line stations along this summer’s route – 7th/Metro, Westlake/MacArthur Park, Wilshire/Vermont, Wilshire/Normandie and Wilshire Western – so whether you’re heading out or heading home, Metro can help you get there.
Iconic Wilshire Boulevard will be car-free and open to the public from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bus lines detouring for the event include: 20, 60, 206, 210, 460, 487, 720 and Metro Silver Line. Detours will be in effect from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or when barricades are present. For more details, please check the Service Advisories page.
Wolfpack Hustle is also holding a bike race around City Hall on the same day until approximately 9 p.m. that will impact bus service on Spring Street, Main Street, Temple and 1st Street. To avoid bus delays and detours, use Metro Rail to travel through and around impacted areas.
- Red and Purple Line will each run every 10 minutes with 6-car trains. This means a combined service of every 5 minutes between Union Station and Wilshire/Vermont.
- Gold Line will run every 7-8 minutes with mostly 3-car trains.
- Blue and Expo Line will run every 12 minutes with 3-car trains.
- Green Line will run every 15 minutes with 2-car trains.
- Expect limited bike rack availability on the Orange Line. Use adjacent bike path where available.
- Anticipated stations to be busiest include Union Station, 7th St/Metro, Wilshire/Vermont and Wilshire/Western. Consider using other nearby stations along the route to avoid potential wait times.
- Use entire platform length when boarding for more seating and bike space availability.
- Board with bikes using doors marked with yellow decals.
- Always walk your bike within Metro stations or on board trains.
- For everyone’s safety, do not bring bikes on escalators; use the stairs or elevators instead.
- Do not use emergency exit gates to enter or exit except during emergencies or unless directed by law enforcement or Metro personnel.