The summer blockbuster season has come to an end. However, LA Film Festival is fast approaching and will showcase independent films, TV and episodic work all throughout Los Angeles from Sept. 20 to 28.
For those unfamiliar, the LA Film Festival is the leading platform for new works from developing and established independent storytellers. With films of all genres and themes, there is a guaranteed screening for everyone to enjoy. The festival also features signature programs such as Coffee Talks, the Spirit of Independence Award, Fast Track and many more!
Spare yourself a headache and avoid the drama of Los Angeles traffic and extreme parking fees by going Metro to any of the following film fest venues:
- ArcLight Culver City: Expo Line to Culver City Station, and walk about 10 minutes to ArcLight Culver City.
- ArcLight Hollywood: Red Line to Hollywood/Vine Station and walk a short 9 minutes to ArcLight Hollywood.
- ArcLight Santa Monica: Expo Line to Downtown Santa Monica Station and walk a quick 4 minutes to ArcLight Santa Monica.
- Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts: Metro Rapid 704 to Santa Monica/Canon.
- Writers Guild Theater: Metro Local 16 to 3rd/Ogden.
Going Metro also means you’ll have the chance to save money on your ticket or pass. Get 10 percent off passes or $2 off tickets by presenting your valid TAP card while purchasing tickets at the box office or using code ‘2018MET’ online. Note: Discounts are valid only at the above listed venues from Sept. 21 – 27.
Finally, a few quick tips to consider:
- View the LA Film Festival program for preferred dates.
- For a faster trip, load your TAP card with round-trip fare ahead of time.
- Round-trip fare is $3.50 in stored value + $2 for a reusable TAP card (if you don’t already have one).
- Follow @metrolaalerts on Twitter for service updates.
- To plan your best route use Metro Trip Planner.
Categories: Go Metro