Start the year with a little art appreciation. Here are the upcoming Metro Arts events you’ll want to get on your calendar. All events are free and open to the public.
- Saturday, Jan. 7: Art Tour of Rail Stations from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet at the street level entrance to the Red Line Hollywood/Highland Station.
- Sunday, Jan. 8: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at Union Station Information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Friday, Jan. 13: Metro Art Presents the musical stylings of Thalma & Laércio de Freitas from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. The performance takes place in Union Station Historic Ticketing Hall.
- Saturday, Jan. 14: Art & Architecture Tour of Union Station — ¡en español! The tour takes place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meet at Union Station Information kiosk near the Alameda Street entrance.
- Friday, Jan. 27: Metro Art Presents singer/songwriter Joey Dosik. The performance takes place in the waiting room area from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 27: Artist Alexis Disselkoen will sign free copies of her “Through the Eyes of Artists” poster celebrating Eagle Rock at that community’s Farmer’s Market from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (2035 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles 90041).
- Friday, Feb. 3: Metro Art Presents pianist/composer Vardan Ovsepian from 8:30 to 10 p.m. The performance takes place in Union Station Historic Ticketing Hall.
Union Station is accessible via Metro Rail, Metro Bus and several municipal bus lines. Use the Trip Planner for routes and connections. Car and bicycle parking are also available on site. Enter from Vignes or Cesar Chavez.
Categories: Go Metro