The Metro Expo Line will begin running every six minutes for the majority of the day starting Monday, Oct. 24.
Trains currently run every 12 minutes and the service changes are expected to help reduce crowding and wait times for riders.
Day-to-Day Service Levels
- Monday through Friday: Expo Line trains will run every 10 to 12 minutes from start of service until 6 a.m. After 6 a.m. trains will run every six minutes until 8 p.m., when they will run every 10 to 12 minutes. From 9 p.m. to close of service, trains will run every 20 minutes.
- On weekends: Expo Line trains will run every 12 minutes, then every 20 minutes after 9 p.m. Enhanced service may be in operation for special events, i.e. Rams or USC football games.
- Trains will initially be two cars each but will be lengthened to three cars as more of the new Kinkisharyo light rail vehicles arrive.
Also, some Gold Line news: Metro will be adding train cars to the Gold Line as the agency receives new cars from Kinkisharyo, the contractor building the new light-rail vehicles. Currently, Metro is operating service every seven minutes during peak periods with mostly two-car trains and two three-car trains. More three-car trains will run as the new light rail vehicles become available.
Here’s the new Expo Line timetable:
You can also see the schedule here.
Finally, for those looking to ride the Expo Line with its new schedule, here are some helpful tips to remember:
- Regular fare is $1.75, which includes two hours of free transfers in one direction. Each person must TAP before boarding. If you need a TAP card, they can be purchased for $1 at TAP vending machines that are located at all Metro Rail stations.
- Need to park and ride? Check out the list of stations with available parking.
- Looking for things to do or places to eat along the Expo Line? Check out Anna’s earlier Source post.
- Follow Metro’s Twitter accounts @metrolosangeles or @metrolaalerts for service alerts and updates.
- For more routes and connections, use the Metro Trip Planner.
Like the new Expo Line changes? Please leave a comment below!
Media: official news release is here.
Need Expo Line pics for your blog, media or social media stream? Here are a few:
Categories: Go Metro