No matter what your plans are for escaping the weather, here are a few things to keep in mind if going Metro when an excessive heat watch has been issued:
- Train doors will be placed in ‘passenger door release mode’ when trains are parked at terminal stations to keep cool air inside the trains. This means you’ll need to push the buttons adjacent to doors to open them.
- Train speeds may be slightly reduced due to track and overhead wire conditions under extreme heat.
And finally, some general reminders for anyone out and about during the heat wave:
- wear loose-fitting, lightweight clothing
- protect against sunburn — SPF 30/PA+++ is your friend!
- drink plenty of fluids — avoid the sugary stuff and go for the H2O
- take it easy during the hottest parts of the day
Summer is just getting started, and I hope we can all get through this season without losing our cool. 😎
Categories: Transportation News