Here are five things to know about the artworks-in-progress for the future Fairview Heights Station. The artworks will contribute to a welcoming environment for future riders and connect the station to surrounding neighborhoods.
- Kim Schoenstadt’s artwork design features architectural “mash-ups,” creating playful new impossible forms.
- The artist celebrates iconic and lesser known buildings that represent the intricate history of the community.
- Blue “snap-lines” reference timelines of history and the far-reaching effect one person or place has on another.
- The blue lines make the artwork design visually cohesive as they also resonate with the lines of the tracks, phone lines, and painted lines on the street.
- The artist is planning talks at local schools on the process of making a large-scale public artwork.
Click here for more information about the Crenshaw/LAX Art Program.
Click here for more information about Metro Art.
Past Crenshaw/LAX artwork stories on The Source:
Categories: Metro Art