UPDATED: Nov. 2, 2016
Here are five things to know about the artworks-in-progress for the future Hyde Park Station. The artworks will contribute to a welcoming environment for riders and connect the station to surrounding neighborhoods.
- Artist Carlson Hatton aims to capture the soundtrack of Hyde Park and the surrounding community in his artwork design.
- He was inspired by walks he took in the community, talking with residents, photographing the area and listening to the music spilling out from seemingly every window and doorway.
- He strives to capture the current musical vibrancy and historical legacy with imagery including the active band scene and drum line tradition.
- Layered, rhythmic compositions are filled with intricate patterns and color resonant of the light and sky at sunset and sunrise.
- Carlson is engaging in research and interviews in the community, and is meeting with various stakeholders to develop his artwork.
Click here for more information about the Crenshaw/LAX Art Program.
Click here for more information about Metro Art.
Past Crenshaw/LAX artwork stories on The Source:
Categories: Metro Art