Metro’s Purple Line contractor will perform a traffic switch on a portion of Wilshire Boulevard between Detroit and Mansfield this weekend with work running from 8 p.m. today (Friday) through 6 a.m. Monday. Traffic switch means that traffic will move from the north side of Wilshire to the south side to accommodate the work.
This is part of the work to prepare for the Wilshire/La Brea decking operation scheduled to start in June.
Please see the construction notice below for details.
Traffic Switch for Pile Installation, South Side of Wilshire Blvd.
During the traffic switch implementation the following will be implemented:
- Intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire between Cloverdale and Highland.
- Work activities will start behind the existing closure on the east end (near Wilshire/Orange) and move south, and west down Wilshire to Wilshire/Cloverdale.
- Intermittent closures of Orange and Sycamore for street restoration.
- Traffic signals on Wilshire between Cloverdale and Mansfield will be shut down intermittently.
- Traffic officers will be dispatched to intersections along Wilshire between Cloverdale and Mansfield to assist with traffic flow
The north leg of Sycamore at Wilshire will be closed to support appendage pile installation.
Southbound La Brea will be reduced to two lanes between Carling Way and Wilshire. This closure will be removed by Monday, April 18th.
WHAT: Work Site Traffic Control for Pile Installation on the South Side of Wilshire
WHEN: Friday, April 15th – Monday, April 18th
TIME: Friday April 15th 8 p.m. – Monday, April 18th 6 a.m. High-noise activities completed during daytime hours before 11 p.m.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone. Temporary fencing will be erected to ensure public safety.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.