Metro’s most recent community update on the Purple Line Extension took place last week, and the presentation is now available for the public to view online. You can also scroll through it below.
A few highlights from the presentation include:
- Demolition activities for sound wall construction at future Western staging yard.
- Upcoming decking activities on La Brea are set to begin in June 2016 and will occur in three phases. The work will take place over 22 weekends.
- Utility relocation work continues along the alignment on Wilshire Blvd. from La Cienega to San Vicente. Demolition of buildings on Gale and Wilshire is anticipated in May 2016
- Piling activities at La Brea will transition over to the south side of Wilshire Blvd. in mid-April 2016.
- Tree and media removal will begin in April in preparation for pile installation at Fairfax. Trees will be replaced at a 2:1 ratio upon project completion.
The next community meeting will be held on May 19, 2016 at John Burrough’s Middle School located at 600 S. McCadden Pl, Los Angeles, 90005.