A huge crowd is expected for Saturday afternoon’s annual crosstown rivalry game between UCLA and host USC at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. The winner takes the PAC-12 South Division title and will advance to play Stanford for the conference championship.
For those wanting to avoid hassles, the Expo Line has two stops that are a short walk from the Coliseum. The Silver Line’s 37th Street Station is also near the Coliseum.
Along the Expo Line, there is free parking available at Culver City Station, La Cienega Station and Crenshaw Station. There are also plenty of paid parking lots near Metro Rail in downtown Los Angeles. Parking at Los Union Station is $8. More information about parking at Metro stations is here.
Riding Metro Rail
- Pay Before You Board
- One-Way Trip – $1.75 (includes transfers to other Metro lines for up to 2 hours to complete a one-way trip)
- Day Pass – $7
- Fares are sold on TAP cards; buy them at ticket vending machines or from a Metro representative
- Tip: Load your TAP card with $3.50 round-trip fare in advance to avoid waiting in line
- Tap Your Card on the Farebox When Boarding or Transferring
- Use one TAP card per person only
- Choose the Nearest Station
- Coliseum east side: Use Expo Park/USC Station
- Coliseum west side: Use Expo/Vermont Station
- Expo Line runs approximately every 6 minutes before and after games
Riding Metro Silver Line
- Pay When You Board
- Cash – $2.50 per one-ride
- Day Pass – $7, loaded onto a TAP card
- Use 37th St/USC Station
- Elevated station is on the Harbor Fwy at 37th St, approximately two blocks north of the Coliseum
- Service runs approximately every 20 minutes during the day and every 30-40 minutes in the evening
- Extra service will be added in both directions before and after each game
Categories: Go Metro