It’s Friday, and the start of a highly anticipated Labor Day Weekend! For some it traditionally marks the end of summer, but here in the Southland it’s just another weekend of outdoor fun! If you’d like to enjoy the many events happening across L.A. without the hassles of traffic and parking, here’s how.
Hosted by the Hermosa Chamber of Commerce, the annual Fiesta Hermosa is taking place again this Saturday, Sept. 5 through Monday, Sept. 7. Spend your holiday beachfront at the largest arts and crafts fair in Southern California. Besides the art fair, there are several tribute bands scheduled to perform live classic rock, 80’s style music and reggae jams.
Admission into the festival is free, and all ages are encouraged to attend. To get to Fiesta Hermosa, take the Metro Green Line to Douglas Station, then board free bus shuttles located directly across the station on the corner of Aviation/Hawaii. Bus shuttles will operate each day from 7:30 a.m to 7:30 p.m.
The Queen Mary Shore Line Jam is another go-to Labor Day Weekend event on Saturday and Sunday that includes food, games, vendors and over a dozen live performances. Ditch the car this weekend, and take the Metro Blue Line to Downtown Long Beach Station. A free Long Beach Transit Passport bus will take you to the Queen Mary from there. Click here for ticket information, and don’t forget your sunscreen!
The free Leimert Park Village Art and Music Festival can be accessed easily by catching on Metro Bus 102 to Crenshaw/43rd where you’ll enjoy diverse musical performances, African drumming, comedy, spoken word and more!
Not so sure about the events listed above? See what else is happening this weekend:
- E.T.- The Extra-Terrestrial In Concert this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Hollywood Bowl. Go Metro and show your TAP card for a free tote bag! (Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Highland Station)
- Pasadena Museum of Art, free admission every first Friday of each month or visit another day and save $2 on admission with your TAP card. (Metro Gold Line to Memorial Park Station)
- USC VS. Arkansas at LA Coliseum!
- UCLA VS. Virgina at Rosebowl!
- Los Angeles County Fair. This Saturday and Sunday night Metrolink trains will provide late-night service from Fairplex Station to Union Station. Customers traveling from Fairplex to Union Station can connect to Metro Rail with a Metrolink ticket for no additional cost. Saturday night trains will depart Fairplex Station at 11:15 p.m., and Sunday night trains depart at 10 p.m. For more information, visit the Metrolink website.
Also, don’t forget all Metro buses and trains will operate on Sunday/Holiday schedule Monday, Sept. 7 in observance of Labor Day.
……and more links to help you get where you’re going:
- Metro trip planner
- Google Maps transit directions
- All Metro bus and rail maps and timetables
- Metro system map
- Metro Rail and transitway interactive map
- Fares and TAP card info
- How to Ride
- Nextrip real-time bus and train arrival information
Categories: Go Metro