This Friday, October 10, more than 20 of Pasadena’s arts and cultural institutions will stay open late for ArtNight Pasadena, an evening of free exhibits, music, and entertainment that happens only twice a year!
This time around, we can’t wait to see the USC Pacific Asia Museum’s collection of modern Chinese art, the Armory Center’s exhibit on “wrong” points of view, the fourth biennial of San Gabriel Valley scenes at the Pasadena Museum of History, and much more. For a full list of participating ArtNight venues, click here.
Besides being fun and free, ArtNight Pasadena is totally transit accessible. Take the Metro Gold Line to Memorial Park Station or one of Metro’s many Rapid and Local buses serving Old Pasadena. There’s also Pasadena ARTS Route 10, which runs along Colorado Boulevard and Green Street until 10 p.m. Free ArtNight shuttles will loop throughout the evening with stops at each venue, so driving and parking won’t be necessary at all!
Plus, ArtNight Pasadena is a Destination Discount, which means those who present their valid TAP cards will receive cool art freebies/deals at:
- Armory Center for the Arts – free catalogue for “The Fifth Wall” exhibition
- Light Bringer Project – free Doo Dah Parade T-Shirt in available sizes
- MUSE/IQUE – free Muse/Ique T-shirt
- Offramp Gallery – free Offramp book bag
- Pasadena Museum of California Art – Save 25% on a PMCA membership or a Mark Ryden Wondertoonel exhibition poster
So: lovers of art, Pasadena, and free things, go enjoy ArtNight Pasadena! And if you’re planning on arriving via our buses or trains–thanks for going Metro.