This is something that even more riders may find convenient. In addition to the 30-Day pass, 7-Day passes are now available for reload via text message in the TAP-TO-GO pilot program. More riders can take advantage of the benefits: it’s fast, convenient and passes are loaded immediately onto your card without any delays.
TAP-TO-GO is a six-month trial program that began in June and will run through Dec. 1. It’s free to participate, however be sure to register for the pilot program first so you can get your special TAP card to use.
Metro Weekly and Monthly passes are also available:
•at TAP vending machines all Metro Rail and Orange Line Stations
•online at taptogo.net
•by calling 866.TAPTOGO
•at nearly one of 400 vendor locations (click here for locations)
How to sign up
1) Text TAPSIGNUP to 28950 or visit taptogo.net to sign up online.
2) If texting, mobileAxept (Metro’s contractor) will reply with a link to sign up.
3) Enter your name, mailing address and email address. Participants will be directed to the BlueFin-hosted secure payment site to submit credit/debit card information. Credit/debit cards will not be charged until you receive your card in the mail and load your first pass.
4) Once your information has been validated, mobileAxept will send a text confirming participant has successfully joined the TAP-TO-GO pilot program.
5) Participants receive a special TAP card in the mail within seven to 10 business days, with instructions on how load your first Metro 7-Day or 30-DayPass. Again, you need to use this new card — it’s not possible to sign up using an existing TAP card.
How to reload
•Text TAP7DAY to 28950 to reload your Metro 7-Day Pass. You will receive a reply text message confirming your payment has been received and your card is loaded.
•Text TAP30DAY to 28950 to reload your Metro 30-Day Pass. You will receive a reply text message confirming your payment has been received and your card is loaded.
•When it’s time to reload either pass, you’ll get a reminder text so you can avoid paying single trips
For frequently asked questions, click here.